This past Monday evening 27 WGFC members attended the first of two Master Stream training sessions. Monday's session concentrated on the set up and water supply to a Ladder Pipe. The training was lead by F.F. Matt Glass who covered the following objectives:
Covered objectives are as follows:
1. ) Waterway set-up, tip sizes & flow rates.
2. ) Supply line connections with options of using 5" or 3" supply lines.
3. ) Proper engine supply operations.
4. ) Establishing an adequate water supply from a hydrant.
5. ) Review of the limitations of operating a ladder pipe operation ( angle height, tip limit, etc.)
6. ) Converting the waterway into a stand pipe.
7. ) Review of all related safety points involved with this operation.
The second training session will be focused on deploying the 2.5" hand line, advancing the line and re-packing the line. Deployment of the pre-piped, Engine-mounted deck gun and portable monitors both of which provide the capability to deliver a high volume water stream for a quick fire knockdown.